Last Updated: May 5, 2023
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personal information we collect depends on how you interact with our Services.
Information You Provide to Us
Account Information. When you create a runQL account, we collect the personal information you provide to us, such as your name, mailing address, email address, and picture. If you enable phone based two-factor authentication, we collect a phone number and you agree to receive text messages from runQL to enable two-factor authentication when you login. Message and data rates may apply.
Payment Information. Where we sell products and services through the Services, we use third-party applications, such as the Apple App Store, Google Play App Store, Amazon App Store, and/or services such as Stripe to process your payments. These third-party applications will collect information from you to process a payment on behalf of runQL, including your name, email address, mailing address, payment card information, and other billing information. runQL does not receive or store your payment information, but it may receive and store information associated with your payment information (e.g., the fact that you have paid, the last four digits or your credit card information, and your country of origin).
Communication Information. We collect personal information from you such as your name, email address and marketing preferences when you request information about the Services, register for our newsletter, or otherwise communicate with us.
Candidate Information. We may post job openings and opportunities on the Services. If you reply to one of these postings or otherwise provide us with your candidacy information, we will collect and process the information you provide to us.
Service Use Information. We collect information you provide to the Services for the purpose of providing the Services to you, which may include personal information such as information about your interactions with other users and any content you create or upload when using the Services.
Customer Service Information (including Training and Quality Assurance). If you call or otherwise interact with runQL's sales, customer service or support personnel, we collect the information you provide to our representatives. In addition, we may record telephone calls or video conferences between you and our representatives for training or quality assurance purposes.
Educational Account Information. If you qualify for Educational Use, we may collect information relating to your school and curriculum, such as your school name, school website and proof of registration. Note that, as provided in our Terms of Service, you may only use the Services if you are old enough to consent (by yourself and not by a parent or guardian) to share your data under applicable law. For example, you must be 16 years or older under California or European Union law.
Sweepstakes, Contests, Surveys and Events Information. In connection with sweepstakes, contests, surveys, conferences, and other events hosted, run or sponsored by us, you may provide information to us, or we may receive information about you, such as name, email address, mailing address, and any information specific to the event.
Marketing Program and Co-Promotional Activities Information. In connection with applying to and participating in any marketing or partnership programs offered by runQL, we may collect and process the information you provide to us, such as name, email address, mailing address, and any information specific to the program, to assess your suitability for participation and administer the program.
Information Collected Automatically (Technical information)
Automatic Data Collection. We collect certain information automatically when you use the Services. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, details about your browser, operating system or device, location information (inferred from your IP address), internet service provider, pages that you visit before, during and after using the Services, information about the links you click, and information about how you interact with and use the Services.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in device browsers to store their preferences. For more information about how to control what data are collected by cookies, see below in the "Your Choices" section.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in the Services that collects information about engagement on the Services. The use of a pixel tag allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement. We may also include web beacons in e-mails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
At this time we only use our cookie for authentication when you sign in to app.runql.com. We don't use any advertising based tracking cookies in the delivery of our Services at this time.
Information from Other Sources
runQL Customers. If you use our Services on behalf of, or in collaboration with, an organization (e.g., your employer), that organization may provide us with information about you so that we can provision your account.
Third Party Services and Organizations. We may obtain information about you from other sources, including from third party services and organizations (eg. Google sign in). If you choose to enable or use third party services, runQL may access and exchange Service Use Information, Account Information, and Technical Information with the third party on your behalf, in accordance with any permissions granted by you (including your Authorized User(s)). For example, if you access our Services through a third-party service, we may collect information about you from that third party service that you have made available via your privacy settings.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION AND OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
In this section we describe all the ways we use your personal data, and the legal bases we rely on to do so.
In certain situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which is reasonable for you to expect as part of running our business and which does not materially affect your rights and freedoms. We have identified below what our legitimate interests are.
We use the personal information that you provide to us, that we collect (automatically), and that we receive from third parties for a variety of business purposes, including:
1. Providing and managing the Services or information requested, such as:
- account creation;
- managing your information and account;
- responding to questions, comments, and other requests;
- processing payment card and/or other financial information to facilitate your use of the Services;
- managing payments and recovery of debts due to us;
- providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services, including the sharing of information with people in your organization on runQL;
- answering requests for customer or technical support; and
- responding to requests in relation to personal data processed about the individual.
This includes: the processing of all categories of information except for Candidate Information.
Legal Basis: Performance of the contract with you. Necessary for our legitimate interests to recover debts due to us. Necessary for our legitimate interests to respond to and communicate with you (where we do not have a contractual relationship or legal obligation to do so). Necessary to comply with a legal obligation (including national data protection and consumer protection laws, for example to respond to requests in relation to personal data processed about the individual)
Legal Basis: Performance of the contract with you. Necessary to comply with a legal obligation (including national data protection and consumer protection laws).
3. Administering and protecting our business and Services (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting, internal quality control and safety and hosting of data).
This includes: the processing of your Account Information, Communication Information, Technical Information, Service Use Information, Student Account Information, Marketing Program and Co-Promotional Activities Information, and Customer Service Information
Legal Basis: Performance of the contract with you. Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganization or group restructuring exercise). Necessary to comply with a legal obligation (including national data protection and information security laws)
4. Using data analytics to improve our website, products/Services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences.
This includes: the processing of your Technical Information, Service Use Information, and Customer Service Information.
Legal Basis: Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and Services, to keep our Services updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy).
5. Enabling you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey.
This includes: the processing of your Sweepstakes, Contests, Surveys and Events Information and Communications Information.
Legal Basis: Performance of a contract with you. Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, and to develop them and grow our business).
6. Carrying out surveys for user research and analyzing your feedback.
This includes: the processing of your Surveys and Events Information and Account Information, Student Account Information, Communications Information, and Use of Services Information.
Legal Basis: Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, and to develop them and grow our business).
7. Make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you.
This includes: the processing of your Account Information, Student Account Information, Communications Information, Service Use Information, and Technical Information.
Legal Basis: Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business) (where consent is not required by marketing laws – in which case consent shall be relied upon).
8. Contacting customers and prospective customers about products, services, developments and events we think may be of interest to you.
This includes: the processing of your Account Information, Student Account Information, and Communication Information.
Legal Basis: In certain situations, we seek consent before sending marketing materials to individuals and in such cases consent is our lawful basis for sending marketing to you.
Where we do not obtain consent, we rely on our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business) as our lawful basis for sending marketing materials to you.
9. Delivering relevant content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you.
This includes: the processing of your Account Information, Student Account Information, Communications Information, Service Use Information, and Technical Information.
Legal Basis: Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy). If required by marketing laws, we seek consent before serving advertisements to individuals and in such cases consent is our lawful basis for sending marketing to you.
10. Enforcing our agreements, and complying with our legal obligations including to share information with law enforcement, the courts and other authorities.
This could include any personal data we process about you.
Legal Basis: Necessary to comply with a legal obligation (including national data protection, cyber security and surveillance laws). Necessary for our legitimate interests (to enforce our agreements, to seek professional advice, or to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim).
11. Recruiting and hiring, including considering your candidacy for employment.
This includes: the processing of Candidate Information and Communication Information.
Legal Basis: Necessary for our legitimate interests (to screen candidates and consider your suitability for a position). Entry into a contract with you.
12. De-identifying data and creating aggregated information.
This could include any personal data we process about you.
Legal Basis: Necessary for our legitimate interests (to use personal information to create de-identified and/or aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, and information about the device from which you access our Services. De-identified and/or aggregated information is used for several purposes, including research, industry analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes.)
13. Enabling your participation in marketing and partnership programs
This includes the processing of your Communication Information and Marketing Program and Co-Promotional Activities Information.
Legal Basis: Performance of a contract with you. Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy).
Consent: In certain cases.
5. DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We may share any personal information we collect with the following categories of third parties for the purposes described above and as follows:
Other Users of runQL's Services. When you use the Services to collaborate or interact with others, we will share certain information with your collaborators. For example, you can create content, which may contain information about you, and grant permission to others to see, share, edit, copy and download that content based on settings you or your administrator (if applicable) select. In addition, some of the collaboration features of the Services display some or all of your profile information to other Service users when you share or interact with specific content. For example, when you comment, we display your profile picture and name next to your comments so that other users with access to the comment know who made it. Similarly, when you join an organization, your name, profile picture and contact information will be displayed in a list for other team members so they can find and interact with you. Please note that while we require all our users to comply with our Acceptable Use policy, we are not responsible for privacy practices of users who receive information about you through the Services.
Third-Party Platforms and Services. We will share your personal information with third-party platforms and/or services if you have expressly consented or requested that we do so. Please note we do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for, the practices or conduct of such third-party services.
Advertising Partners. Through our Services, we allow third-party advertising partners to set Technologies and other tracking tools to collect information regarding your activities and your device (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, location, time of day).
Disclosures to Protect Us or Others. We will access, preserve, and disclose information we have associated with you to competent law enforcement bodies, regulatory and government agencies, courts or other third parties if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) protect your, our or others' rights, property, or safety; (iii) enforce runQL's policies and contracts; (iv) collect amounts owed to us; (v) prevent financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vi) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
Disclosure in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfer. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred in accordance with our legitimate interests in administering our business as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
6. YOUR CHOICES
General. You have the right to opt out of certain uses of your personal information.
Mobile Devices. We may send you push notifications through our mobile application. You may at any time opt out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising. We currently do not use advertising cookies or use a third party advertising company cookies in the delivery of our services. In the future, if we do use advertising cookies, you will have the right to decide whether to accept or reject those cookies.
7. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Access Personal Information about you, including: (i) confirming whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtaining access to or a copy of your personal information; and (iii) receiving an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us, or asking us to send that information to another company (the "right of data portability");
- Request Correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your personal information;
- Request Deletion of your personal information (including to request deletion of your account). In limited circumstances, it may be necessary to retain your personal data to comply with legal requirements even if a deletion request is made;
- Request Restriction of or Object to our processing of your personal information;
- Withdraw your Consent to our processing of your personal information; and
- Opt-out of marketing communications. Please see more on this above.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below.
We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
Please note that if you use our Services on behalf of an organization (e.g., your employer), that organization may be responsible for fulfilling the individual rights requests referenced above.
7. DATA RETENTION
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need or legal reason to process or retain your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. You may request deletion of your personal information at any time as noted in "Your Privacy Rights", above, but that will require you to delete your account with us, as we need your personal data to maintain your account.
8. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system's breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services, or by sending an email to you.
9. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES/APPLICATIONS
The Services may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Services. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
10. SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
runQL collects the following Categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers: A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)): A name, signature, address, telephone number or employment. Personal Information does not include publicly available information that is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state, or local government records. Note: Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Commercial information: Records of products or services purchased or obtained from runQL.
- Internet or other electronic network activity: Information on a consumer's interaction with websites, applications, or advertisements related to the Services.
- Geolocation data: Physical location.
- Sensory data: Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information to create a profile about a consumer: Profile reflecting a consumer's preferences or characteristics as they relate to the Services.
runQL Discloses to the following Categories of Third Parties for a Business Purpose:
- Advertising networks
- Internet service providers
- Data analytics providers
- Operating systems and platforms
- Service providers
Sales of Personal Information under the CCPA
As defined by the CCPA, runQL does not sell personal information of anyone including California residents, nor do we have actual knowledge of any sale of personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Additional Privacy Rights for California Residents
- Non-Discrimination. California residents have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of their rights conferred by the CCPA.
- Authorized Agent. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. To designate an authorized agent, please contact us as set forth below.
Verification. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. When you make a request, we will ask you to provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include asking you to log in to your account or verify your email address.
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, please contact us as set forth below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
11. SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt out of the sale of certain Personal Information to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Information. You can exercise your right by contacting us as described below with the subject line "Nevada Do Not Sell Request" and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. As defined by Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A, we do not currently sell Personal Information of Nevada residents.
12. CHILDREN'S INFORMATION
The Services are not directed to children under 13 (or other age as required by local law), and, except for limited circumstances set forth below, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may contact us as set forth below. If we learn that we have collected a child's personal information in violation of applicable law, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child's account, or, if appropriate and possible, seek written consent from such child's guardian.
13. SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
If you are located in the European Economic Area, the UK or Canada, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law.
15. CONTACT US